Scientific Advisory Board (SAB)
Dr. Stephen McCahon
- Co-Founder & Chief Scientist Ionatron/Applied Energetics.
- Founder Applied Optical Sciences.
- Ph.D. Photonics, University of Iowa, 1996. MSEE, 1988 & BSEE 1986 University of Southern California.
- 30+ patents, patents applications, > 50 peer reviewed and conference proceeding publications.
Dr. Gregory Quarles
- Primary reasons for inclusion: Career spans Gov’t/ DoD / private. Congressional / DoD Bridge & Liaison
- Chief Scientific Officer for The Optical Society (OSA) in Washington, DC.
- Ph.D. M.S., B.S., Physics, University of Oklahoma, 1987.
- 30+ years experience Optical Physics, Executive and Management Positions, Major Scientific Advisory Boards
- 100+ Publications, 5 Patents
Dr. L. A. Schlie
- Primary reasons for inclusion: Gov’t / DoD / Nationally recognized expert in DEW, DoD Bridge / Liasion
- 40+ years experience In Optical Physics, Sr. Gov’t Scientist for Directed Energy Weapons
- Ph.D. EE , 1970, MSEE, 1966, BSEE, University of Illinois, 1965
- 70+ journal papers, 2 book chapters and 21 patents
- Advisor for DoD, DOE, NASA and NSF on laser technology, applications and effects
Dr. Charles Hale
- Primary reasons for inclusion: DoD recognized expert in Adv. Technology Development, DoD Liaison
- Partner Applied Optical Sciences
- Ph.D. Engineering, Purdue University, 1999, MBA, University of Arizona. 2006.
- 21+ years experience in engineering and program management in commercial and D.o.D. environments.
- 14 publications, 1 patent issued.
Dr. James Harrison
- Primary reasons for inclusion: Broad background in Commercial Optical Technology Product Development.
- Ph.D., M.S., B.S. Electrical Engineering, M.I.T., 1986.
- 30+ years experience in Lasers, Optical physics, Electronic materials, Program and Executive Management.
- 10 patents issued or pending, 60+ scientific publications.